Thursday, May 14, 2009

Will Park plays in Rome?



"If I play in Rome it would be great because I didn't play last season. But you don't know. There are two weeks left yet," Park told the Manchester Evening News.

"I must show on the pitch in that time that I deserve to be in the final. I have to keep my form up and show my ability on the pitch.

"I have heard and read in the media that the manager has said I should be okay for the Champions League final. He has told the press but he hasn't said anything to me.

"So I just will have to do my best in the meantime. I am not going to get excited yet."

The former PSV star admits it was a blow not to be involved in the triumph over Chelsea in 2008, however, he accepts that the manager has to do what is best for the team and also believes that United can become the first club to retain the Champions League trophy in its current format.

"It was hard to take not being in the Moscow team. But all the players want to be in the big games. We all want to be in the Champions League final," Park remarked.

"It was a big heartbreak but I believed I would get back again with Manchester United. I felt certain it would happen again soon so I comforted myself with that.

"No European Cup winner has ever retained the Champions League and not many winners have actually got back to the final but I never lost faith that United could do it and I might have a chance again."

No comments: