Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Pre-World Cup XI


It is hard to predict who would shine in the coming World Cup... I am selecting the best XI from the players that are predicted to make the World Cup list for their countries. Some of the players here are not having the best of a season for their clubs (i.e. Torres, Essien, Vidic), and some of them have been tremendous in their club football and won the lots.

I don't even know if Maicon will start ahead of D.Alves, but I went for Maicon because of his performance for Inter in the ECL. Lucio too made the list because of his outstanding performance in the ECL.

Who are going to shine in South Africa? I am sure not everyone on the list here will make it.

Bring on the World Cup!

** okay, news today confirms that Essien is not going to be in the World Cup finals. I need to find a replacement. For ball winner in the middle of the field, it has to be Javier Mascherano.

No comments: